Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slurping Away

I have been told that ramen is all about the noodles, but I am all about making me happy. If something makes me happy I am going to enjoy it as much as I can until it starts to disappoint. Santouka Ramen hasn’t failed to live up to the first time the creamy spicy miso broth touched my lips. My foodie buddy MyMy introduced me to my favorite ramen joint. Well it really isn’t a joint. More like a spot because this hole in the wall ramen place is tucked away in Mitsuwa Marketplace. There are about four other places to eat here, but I always come back for the Special Pork Spicy Miso Ramen (large bowl for a large soul). I hear the ramen curry is pretty amazing, but I always fall short when the special pork poster stares at my empty tummy. Please note not to put your pork in the soup until you are ready to enjoy the taste. The meat is so tender that it just melts in your mouth like butter on a hot skillet. Dip the pork into the creamy soup for a few moments and enjoy the spicy broth with the special pork in a wonder of Japanese flavor. Don’t forget to slurp your noodles to show your appreciation to the master ramen chef.


Santouka Ramen
665 Paularino Avenue Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 434-1101

1 comment:

Mymy said...

I dig this! And youuuuuu're welcome :)